Are you looking for the top Cosmetic Dentist in NYC?
Cosmetic dentistry revitalizes your smile to its former glory; if you’ve struggled with maintaining the composure of your smile for your entire life, then there’s still great news for you: cosmetic dentistry can completely rework your smile in every single way. When you really get into it, there are countless aspects that go into determining your candidacy for altering your smile and enhancing your alignment. Cosmetic dentistry has a little bit of everything wrapped-up into it, and it’s why you need the absolute best there is- Dr. Bob Perkins, DDS.
Far too often, you may see advertisements for inexpensive dental procedures from newly up-and-coming dentistry offices. These are a large red flag; true cosmetic dentistry experts rely on their skills and expertise; not advertising gimmicks. When it comes to being the best of the best, it shines no matter what. When you have a sit-down consultation with Dr. Perkins, you’ll understand every aspect of your potential procedure, including the different stages of cosmetic dentistry. You have an encyclopedic knowledge sitting in front of your; Dr. Perkins will answer every single one of your questions concisely, with every piece of knowledge he has at his disposal.
We understand that it’s difficult for adults to find a dentist for their children, but what’s even more difficult is finding a dentist that they can see, also. Adults are often afraid of visiting the dentist due to bad experiences in their adolescence, and put off visiting any dental office. If damage or any other issues have gone on for long enough, you may need a cosmetic dentist in NYC to assist you in revitalizing your previous glow.
What Is A Cosmetic Dentist?
Cosmetic dentistry focuses on aesthetically improving your smile through multiple means; however, in some situations, cosmetic dentistry can prove paramount in bringing back standard function to your teeth. In most cases, you’ll need to see an Orthodontist to determine what course of action may be required for your smile to be straightened or repaired. Fortunately for you, we have all of that in our dental office. No travelling to multiple offices or dealing with a hurricane of referrals. You get everything you need in one package: Dr. Perkins.
There are many different reasons to seek out a cosmetic dentistry practice, and Dr. Perkins is the best in the industry. If your teeth suffer from discoloration, you’ve chipped a tooth, or need your smile straightened, then you need a cosmetic dentist to take a look. Call today for a free consultation.
Eliminating The Fear Factor
It’s slowly lifting, but there’s still a stigma on dentistry offices. It’s why the image of dentistry has changed so drastically over the years, and why Dr. Perkins and his team pride themselves on proper customer care. It’s more than just service; it’s more than a nice-looking office. It all comes down to what happens in the chair, and who is performing the service. Sitting in the chair is more than a desire for an excellent smile—it’s about trust. You have the best in the business overseeing every aspect of the procedure, and talking you through the entire process.
Dr. Perkins will be able to answer any and all of your questions, even the ones you may be afraid to ask. There’s no such thing as a silly question; if you want to know, he’s the man to ask. During the consultation phase, Dr. Perkins will discuss each phase of the procedure with you, and ensure your comfort. This is more than a career; he’s passionate about smiles, and bringing confidence back to his patients.
The Newest Dentistry Technology Available Today
In just the last ten years alone, we’ve seen incredible advancements in cosmetic dentistry technology. Not only have the materials become higher-grade and more durable, but also more aesthetic. Best of all, unsightly tooth fillings are no longer your only option; there now are tooth-colored fillings available. Between porcelain and other materials being used, there’s no telling what can be done in the future.
For right now, we’re looking at some of the best comfort-management techniques that have ever been used. It has also become widely accepted in the continental United States to administer laughing gas as a viable option for pain management. Not every procedure is going to be comfortable; however, your comfort levels have never been more in-check than right now.
Other options, such as traditional anesthetics can also aid in relieving just about all means of pain from occurring during the process. You’ll be given a range of options, and our professional staff will assist you in dealing with any feelings of pressure or discomfort. We know that those suffering with anxiety are taking a big step by getting into the chair—we’re here to help, and to inform.
How Dr. Perkins Can Help You
There are a lot of factors that all play into the entire act of cosmetic dentistry. It applies certain sections of Orthopedics and general dentistry to create a complete smile makeover, and can be a big process. Fortunately, Dr. Perkins is more than equipped to handle every type of curve ball thrown his way. No matter what you need done, Dr. Perkins is the best cosmetic dentist in NYC for your oral health care project.
There are many different factors that go into deciding if cosmetic dentistry is for you, and many different services offered:
- Teeth Whitening: This is one of the most common reasons people seek out cosmetic dentistry offices. If you’ve already had work done on your teeth in the past, and their alignment, length and overall health are optimal, then teeth whitening is perfect for you. Sometimes that white shine dulls over time with heavy influences of coffee, wine and other acidic foods. Dr. Perkins has performed this procedure countless times, and can bring your teeth back to their prime state.
- Porcelain Veneers: These are thin pieces of porcelain that are bonded to your pre-existing teeth, after shaping through a shaving tool. These are extremely durable and can last between ten and fifteen years. If cared for properly between personal care and appropriately-timed visits to Dr. Perkins’ office, you can enjoy your porcelain veneers for a lifetime.
- Dental Bridges: When you’re missing a tooth, it can not only be a big hit to your confidence, but can also cause further issues with your teeth pulling in the wrong direction, and inevitably can lead to gaps in other sections of your teeth as well. Dental bridges are singular false teeth that are applied to the neighboring teeth to close the gap, and bring your smile back to life.
- Gum Lifting: If you’ve ever described your own smile as very “gummy,” then you may have continued gum growth over your teeth. This procedures sculpts your gum line to show more of your teeth, while ensuring straight lines and appropriate levels of lifting. You’re not going for an overly “toothy” smile either, and Dr. Perkins knows exactly how to create a perfectly balanced look.
- Invisalign: Standard dentistry offices promote certain products to get income off of the referrals, and it’s why there’s such a stigma on Invisalign treatment. If it’s not right for you, it’s simply not for you; nothing will be pushed on you. This is used to treat minor crowding or bridge gaps, and it the alternative to braces for adults. This is more common when the issues are minor or just forming.
- Crowns: If your bite is misaligned, Dr. Perkins can use his Orthodontic knowledge to not only correct it, but take care of those teeth which have been worn down by your misaligned bite. Crowning a tooth is capping it off with a porcelain piece, which can lengthen worn-down teeth and extend their life.
When you think of cosmetic dentistry, there is no need to worry: medical advancements in dental technology and anesthetics have never been more keen to managing your comfort levels through any procedure. Apart from that, you’ll have the most skilled hands in the business administering your procedure. Some preparation may be needed in order to ready your teeth for the smile makeover. If you’ve ever been wondering what preparatory services may need to be achieved as a prerequisite to your new smile, we have the answers for you here. Dr. Perkins can answer more in-depth questions during a consultation.
- Root Canal: If you’re having problems with the roots of your teeth, you can receive a root canal. In most cases, it can fix the issue. In some cases, a root canal clears the way for another step: tooth shaving. If you’re receiving extensive cosmetic dentistry, these can be done in tandem to ready your teeth to receive porcelain veneers, with or without crowns.
- Tooth Shaving: If you are expecting veneers or crowns, there’s a good chance you’ll be receiving some tooth shaving. It helps contour your teeth to accept the new material of your dental appliance, and is sometimes done to ready your teeth for Invisalign. In some cases, if your canine teeth are exceptionally long, this may be done as a procedure to prevent your bite from damaging your other teeth in the future. A small tool takes away little amounts of your tooth enamel, readying the surface.
Tooth Chip Bonding
If you’ve experienced a sudden bump or fall, you may chip one of your teeth. So long as you find the piece and it hasn’t shattered, you can reclaim that portion of your tooth within a narrow time frame. Dr. Perkins can use bonding agents to place your chipped tooth fragment back into its rightful place. If you haven’t been able to reclaim the piece, or have done so in a non-timely fashion, you may be a prime candidate for porcelain veneers or a crown.
The After Effects
Depending on what procedure you have done, there is going to be some form of a recovery period. Whether you received gum reshaping, porcelain veneers, or more extensive surgical cosmetic dental procedures, there’s going to be some tenderness and a necessity to revisit Dr. Perkins and his team in the following days post-procedure.
It is imperative to visit the office again after receiving such a procedure. Failing to comply to this can result in a reverse on the positive effects that have been gained. In the tender one- to two- week period after your initial procedure, certain issues can severely undo some of the work that has been done. In the case of receiving porcelain veneers or more in-depth surgical procedures, your health and the state of your new smile are of the utmost importance to Dr. Perkins. You’ll enter the office as a patient, and leave as a member of the family.
Dr. Perkins can also offer methods of alleviating pain after you leave, as well as inform you of what should and should not be done in the first week after a procedure. It’s important to baby your new smile until it is fully ready to shine without feeling a single ache or area of discomfort. When it comes to pain management at home, Dr. Perkins can refer you to the proper pain relief medications that best fit your pain level, as well. It’s not just about the procedure; it’s about your comfort, and Dr. Perkins aims to ensure that you receive the most comprehensive amount of information regarding pain management at home.
Why You Need A Cosmetic Dentist In NYC
There are certain problems that general dentistry offices just can’t assist properly. They’ll give you a referral, but seldom can do the work themselves. Dr. Perkins is equipped to handle just about every dental procedure within his own office. Most importantly, you need a cosmetic dentist to repair and enhance your smile or give you an entirely new one. When you sit down with Dr. Perkins, you’ll get a full sense of security—all of your worries will melt away. It’s more than just dentistry; it’s passion.