Are you looking for Porcelain Veneers in NYC?
Porcelain veneers in NYC are one of the most effective methods of cosmetic enhancement available to patients today, and thus are one of the most popular procedures as well. During this procedure, thin pieces of porcelain are placed on top of the original tooth in order to recreate the look of natural, healthy, and beautiful teeth. Porcelain veneers can also provide additional strength to undersized or weak teeth. NYC Dentist’ dental office provides the top rated Porcelain Veneers in NYC!
What Can Porcelain Veneers Fix?
There are a multitude of benefits you can receive from porcelain veneers. It fixes a vast array of issues, whether it be from normal wear and tear, or any chemicals, such as fluoride, which have stripped away the enamel on your teeth and left them susceptible to erosion. Even keeping perfect oral hygiene can’t defend you against natural wearing. That’s when porcelain veneers come into play. They’re the perfect fix for all of the following:
- Discolored Teeth: Tough foods and harsh liquids, like coffee, wine and fruit, all have the potential to stain your teeth. It’s a process that worsens over time, but it still takes form on your teeth, discoloring them slowly to a dull yellow. Porcelain veneers are the perfect solution and contour to your teeth naturally. They’re also slightly more resistant to staining than your natural teeth in just about every area.
- Worn Teeth: If you’re prone to chewing on the same side of your mouth, (this is usually due to another dental problem existing with your molars), you’re going to wear down those teeth twice as fast. You can benefit greatly from porcelain veneers to extend your teeth to their original length and straighten out your smile.
- Chipped Teeth: Bumping your head on the top of your car door, toddler headbutts, and more; there are a thousand different ways we can accidentally chip a tooth, but it doesn’t mean you should have to live with it forever. Porcelain veneers are the perfect solution for these situations, and they can be colored to naturally match your current teeth.
- Misaligned Teeth: Invisalign can’t fix everything. Porcelain veneers can straighten out your smile. If you’re suffering from stubby teeth due to wear and tear that is making your smile crooked, or you have a missing tooth between two existing teeth and don’t have a bridge gap, you’ll need porcelain veneers to straighten out your smile.
- Gaps: Porcelain veneers are wafer-thin, but there is still something going over your teeth. You can use these to close gaps between your teeth and regain that impeccable smile you had in your younger years.
What Occurs During Porcelain Veneer Application?
It’s not only important to know exactly what porcelain veneers are, but also to understand the entire process goes from start to finish. NYC Dentist may adjust this plan based on your specific conditions, but this is a general guideline of the process in almost all porcelain veneer application procedures:
- Consultation: This is the very beginning of the entire process. You need a consultation before NYC Dentist can know exactly what you need for your specific package. You’ll receive an examination of your teeth, x-rays of your mouth, and a full discussion about what you’re looking for in your veneers.
- Impressions: You will receive a very miniscule amount of shaving; your teeth will be conformed and ready to fit with your customized veneers. From here, you’ll receive temporary acrylic veneers to maintain the status of your new maintained teeth, while in the meantime, your personalized veneers will be constructed.
- Bonding: Once the waiting period (generally one to two weeks) is over, you’ll come back into the office, where NYC Dentist will apply, or bond your new porcelain veneers once he removes your acrylics. Using specific adhesive, the veneers bond to your enamel, making it appear and operate as any normal teeth would- only now, they’re stronger, longer (if that’s what you need), and more durable.
Who Else But Dr. Bob Perkins?
As a cosmetic dentist in New York City, NYC Dentist is well trained in the technical art of creating aesthetically stunning porcelain veneers. If you are considering porcelain veneers, it can be helpful to begin taking notice of smiles that you find beautiful. During your consultation with NYC Dentist, you can discuss what you imagine your perfect smile will look like. After conducting a smile analysis based on facial features, skin tones, and facial symmetry, NYC Dentist utilizes cosmetic imagery to create a digital rendering of the desired result.
When both the doctor and patient are satisfied with the treatment plan, NYC Dentist will move forward in preparing the teeth for the veneer. First, we remove a thin layer from the tooth to create space for the porcelain, and an impression will be taken and sent to the lab. We utilize temporary veneers while the porcelain veneers are in production. When the porcelain veneers are ready, NYC Dentist carefully places them on top of the teeth in order to create a natural and beautiful smile.
For porcelain veneers in New York City, NYC Dentist is the most sought-after dentist. If you find yourself constantly dissatisfied with the appearance of your smile, porcelain veneers may be the most appropriate solution to give you the smile you dream of having. This innovative procedure is a long-term investment in a smile that will exceed your expectations.
Porcelain Veneer Maintenance
Once you leave the office with your new bright whites, you’ll be able to enjoy your full and vibrant smile again. But what about maintaining that smile as the years go on? Porcelain isn’t bone the way natural teeth are; there are specifics to caring for your new teeth, and here’s what you can do:
- For The First Week: You’ll want to stay away from overly chewy or hard food. When you eat, ensure that your food is room temperature; not too hot, and not too cold. Your new teeth are still settling into place, and your body is getting used to it. There is commonly some swelling at this point, and as the week progresses, it will diminish.
- Step-Up Your Oral Hygiene Habits: You’re getting right back into rhythm with regular brushing and flossing. Your best toothpaste options would be those labeled as non-abrasive fluoride toothpastes.
- Prevent Clenching: A lot of us clench our teeth at night, or worse—we grind them. If this is your regular habit, you can ask NYC Dentist for a mouthguard to wear at night. This will keep your new porcelain veneers aligned properly and prevent immediate damage.
- Stain Resistance: Part of maintaining your new porcelain veneers will be enhanced stain resistance. However, you still need to be weary of your favorite foods, such as coffee and highly-acidic fruit. Tea, wine; they’re all big players in visible tooth stains. You should restrict these in your diet, and refrain from smoking at all costs. If you were a smoker before, you should know that is the biggest threat to ruining the sheen of your new porcelain veneers.
How Long Do Porcelain Veneers Last?
Orthodontic technology is always on the cutting edge of new breakthroughs and extended lifespans of your dental equipment. Standard porcelain veneers last between ten to fifteen years, depending on how well you take care of them. This timeline depends on you; following the maintenance tips here should ensure the best possible lifespan for your porcelain veneers.
But there’s a catch. If you’re relatively young and receiving your first set of veneers, doesn’t it seem terrible to account on getting them three or four times in your life? Your care plays into their longevity, but the professionalism of the cosmetic dentist who attached them to your pre-existing teeth—that’s where the magic comes in. When done properly, there’s no reason that your new porcelain veneers can’t last you a lifetime. Through a consultation and x-rays from NYC Dentist, he will better be able to determine if your bite is misaligned, which can very well be the cause for wearing of veneers, leading to a need for replacement years down the road. When done properly, porcelain veneers will last for decades.
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Porcelain Veneers
We know you probably have a hundred questions surrounding porcelain veneers. NYC Dentist will be able to answer any additional questions for you properly at a consultation. We’ve compiled some of the most frequently asked questions surrounding porcelain veneers.
How Are Porcelain Veneers Created?
We create our veneers in a specialized dental laboratory. They used extremely thin layers of porcelain with the idea of conforming to your teeth, which may require a bit of shaving from the doctor. To ensure that they match the current shade of your teeth color, NYC Dentist will use a shade guide to select the most fitting color.
How Long Is The Whole Process From Start To Finish?
Once we begin the process, the length will vary depending on how much work needs to be done and how many teeth you are receiving porcelain veneers for. As for the entire process, you’ll begin with the consultation, and get the x-rays and acrylics out of the way. It takes about two weeks to receive your custom-made porcelain veneers from the laboratory. You will then have the acrylics removed, and the porcelain veneers implanted onto your existing teeth. After this point, you should return one week later for a wellness visit to ensure everything is going well.
How Are My Real Teeth Affected?
NYC Dentist will carefully and meticulously shave the teeth down slightly in order to make space for the veneers to conform as closely as possible. Veneers are engineered to create a straight, level and balanced smile, so each tooth will require a different amount of potential shaving. Your teeth will be completely encased in porcelain, and as such, they will be close to impervious to rot or cavities. However, nothing is 100% bulletproof. While porcelain conforms to your enamel extremely well, you will want to visit NYC Dentist to check your veneers at your yearly visits to ensure everything is still perfectly in place.
Will My New Porcelain Veneers Look Like Natural Teeth?
This is where the wonderment of new-age cosmetic dentistry comes into play. Porcelain veneers have been around since the 1920s, but now, they’ve been through so much trial and error, that they are a truly time-tested method. Your smile makeover can only benefit from porcelain veneers. They’re engineered to emulate the texture, color and appearance of naturally-forming tooth enamel, and when handled by an expert, will look flawless- like they’ve always been there.
How Are They Actually Applied To My Pre-existing Teeth?
NYC Dentist applies veneers in a similar form as temporary acrylics. Earlier, we talked about special adhesive that bonds your porcelain veneers to your tooth enamel. It requires expert skills to properly form the veneers to your natural teeth. When done improperly, your smile can look even more crooked and misaligned than before. Thankfully, you have NYC Dentist and his vast expertise to handle every possible curve. Using the adhesive—a tooth-colored cement—your new porcelain veneers will contour to your pre-existing teeth with a seamless appearance, leaving you in complete shock and awe at your new smile.
Why Is Translucency Such A Big Deal In My Porcelain Veneers?
Your natural tooth enamel has a certain level of translucency to it. The translucency must match your teeth properly during creation, so that your smile looks as if it had never needed a cosmetic dentist in the first place. It’s the true mark of expert care and precision, and you’re not going to get that anywhere else like you will with NYC Dentist.
Would you like to receive Porcelain Veneers in NYC? Your smile makeover begins with a quick phone call. NYC Dentist’ New York City office offers consultations to discuss porcelain veneers with patients. Having trained at the esteemed Las Vegas Institute, NYC Dentist has built his practice around a patient-centered foundation providing the highest quality dentistry. Contact our New York City office today to discuss your porcelain veneer consultation, and be sure to visit our photo gallery to see incredible results from NYC Dentist’ patients.